miércoles, 10 de diciembre de 2014

Lesson 10: Reported Speech



Hi guys. Welcome back. Today we're going to do a lesson ussing the reported speech (also called "indirect speech"). What does this mean? Well, this is when we are relating something that someone said. I'm going to talk you through the differences between reported speech (or indirect speech) and direct speech.



So, the blonde girl is in love >  She said, "I love Chris".

Now, if I'm using direct speech, that's where I use the quotation marks, as you can see. But If I use reported speech, I don't use her exact words and I don't use the quotation marks.

So, blonde girl's friend would say > You (refered to the blonde girl) said that you loved Chris.

I'll give you a chart with words and verbs that changue depend on if you use direct speech or reported speech.


That's all for today, see you in another lesson guys!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario